A wide variety of prints, colors, and materials in a huge assortment of bed linen is so amazing and fascinating that when you have to choose only one set, many of us spend a lot of time and effort, but do not always remain satisfied. There are so many different types of fabric on the market with not always clear names that an inexperienced consumer may easily become confused.
Materials and Types of Fabric
- Calico is a thick cotton fabric of plain weaving. Cotton bed linen has many advantages that make it popular: reasonable price and naturalness, comfort and softness, bright colors and delicate undertones. Bed linen from calico is eco-friendly, hypoallergenic and harmless to health.
- Satin is one of the most popular fabrics and is made of a twisted cotton thread of double weaving. Satin bedding is smooth and cool as silk. At the same time, it is much more accessible and easier to use.
- Linen – bedding made from this material has one of the best thermoregulation among all fabrics. Due to the rough texture, linen fabric has a massage effect on human skin, but it does not cause negative tactile sensations. In addition, flax is a wonderful natural antiseptic.
- Silk – sleeping on the bed sheets of silk fabric is not only pleasant but also practical – this linen will serve you for a long time, moreover, it has beneficial effects on your skin. Silk fabric absorbs moisture and allows the skin to breathe.
- Bamboo. Innovative fabric that is made from natural materials is bamboo fiber. It consists of recycled fibers of bamboo pulp and is highly durable, hypoallergenic, hygroscopic and durable. This material does not absorb unpleasant odors and has antibacterial properties, therefore it is ideal for children, pregnant women and people with allergies.
- Jacquard bedding is perfect for a bedroom in a classic style. Its sophisticated design, complex plexus of cotton, viscose and silk threads with an original pattern, resembling a tapestry, will give the bedroom a very expensive look.
A bedroom is a separate world in which we spend a third of our life. Everything in it should be the way you like only then you will get real pleasure from aesthetics and comfort. To ensure a strong sweet sleep and create the right atmosphere in this part of the house, it is important to choose the right bedroom set. When you choose bedding, try to give preference to products without synthetic materials or with minimal content. Textiles with an abundance of artificial materials do not allow air to pass through, do not allow the body to “breathe” and thus cause considerable discomfort during sleep.